Pompeii is one in all Italy’s prime vacationer locations, and what attracts folks from all around the world is the story behind its historic Romain ruins.
It was buried underneath a blanket of ashes and lapilli throughout the eruption of Vesuvius in 79 a.D., along with Herculaneum, Stabia, and Oplonti.
As probably the most vital archaeological websites of all time, Pompeii is a must-see when you’re touring round Italy or on a day journey from Naples.
Desk of Contents
- Naples to Pompeii
- What’s Pompeii?
- Is Pompeii price visiting?
- How far is Pompeii from Naples?
- How you can get to Pompeii from Naples
- Prepare from Naples to Pompeii
- Driving from Naples to Pompeii
- Getting from Naples to Pompeii
Naples to Pompeii
Pompeii is an actual step again in time and a once-in-a-lifetime expertise.
So, in case you are already in Naples you’ll possible have already learn our Naples 2 day itinerary and be able to take the highway to Pompeii.
The traditional metropolis together with the shut Herculaneum and different close by villas was buried underneath 6 meters by ash and lava throughout one of many worst Vesuvius eruptions of historical past.
The location provides you a look on the group of life throughout the Roman Empire. You possibly can stroll the streets, inside non-public homes, and spot beautiful artistic endeavors throughout.
Pompeii’s inhabitant our bodies had been present in the identical place as when the lava took over the entire city.
Is Pompeii price visiting?
Let’s take a look at some the reason why Pompeii is a real gem to go to:
- Visiting Pompeii is an actual step again in time. The volcanic eruption that occurred in 79 a.D. was catastrophic and what remained of the Roman metropolis was simply layers of ashes and rocks. Behind these layers, archaeologists discovered Roman cities precisely how they appeared 2000 years in the past. The location supplies distinctive details about social, financial, political, and spiritual life throughout the Roman Empire.
- The archaeological park of Pompeii extends for 66 hectares, 50 of that are excavated (together with suburban areas). The location is split into completely different areas, and there’s rather a lot to discover. For some guests, sooner or later is just not sufficient to discover it correctly! For that reason, we suggest spending not less than one evening in Pompeii (on the Resort Pompei Be Inexperienced) to maintain exploring the location the day after. You’ll stroll via civil and personal buildings, monuments, and sculptures and see work and mosaics of invaluable historic significance. Pompeii can also be a acknowledged World Heritage Website by UNESCO.
- Attending to Pompeii is very easy. In the event you’re spending your time in Naples, you simply must take the prepare, as Pompeii is 35 minutes away from Naples. In case you are pondering of renting a automobile in Italy, it’s solely 25 minutes drive. This makes Pompeii and close by archaeological websites resembling Herculaneum are excellent day journeys from Naples.
In the event you’re nonetheless not satisfied by this worldly attraction that lies 25km from Naples, why not check out our Italy itinerary to get extra inspiration and see the place else you can go throughout your time in Italy?
With all these factors to contemplate earlier than touring, how far is the journey precisely and what are the perfect methods to get to Pompeii from Naples?
How far is Pompeii from Naples?
As talked about above, Pompeii is simply 25 kilometers away from Naples and you’ll both get there by automobile or by public transport.
The best choice is to take the prepare from Piazza Garibaldi railway station.
You both select to journey by Circumvesuviana prepare which takes 42 minutes or the metropolitan/regional line (Napoli-Salerno) for a shorter journey of 24 minutes.
In the event you favor the final possibility, simply keep in mind that the prepare cease is 10-minute stroll from the doorway of the location.
You may also get there by bus, which is a sound choice to consider in case your lodging is situated within the docks’ space.
The journey time is between 35-45 minutes relying on the site visitors.
How you can get to Pompeii from Naples
Beneath we’ll share one of the simplest ways to from Naples to Pompeii so you possibly can take the perfect mode of transport that fits you:
Prepare from Naples to Pompeii
If touring by prepare from Naples there are two most popular choices.
The most well-liked prepare is the Circumvesuviana line leaving from Porto Nolana or Piazza Garibaldi railway station.
naples prepare station
In the event you’re new to Naples, we advise taking the prepare from Piazza Garibaldi situated solely 5 minutes stroll from Napoli Centrale railway station.
On your consolation, we extremely suggest you keep on the Starhotels Terminus, located in entrance of the Napoli Centrale station.
The road is the blue one referred to as Napoli-Sorrento, when buying your ticket ask for ‘Pompei Scavi’.
The prepare stops are introduced and yours goes to be ‘Pompei Scavi – Villa Dei Misteri’.
In the event you overlook to get off at this cease, the following cease is okay. It’s referred to as ‘Pompei’ and it’s only a 10-minute stroll from the archaeological web site entrance.
The second possibility is the metropolitan (MET) or regional (REG) prepare Napoli-Salerno.
This departs from Napoli Centrale station however doesn’t cease at ‘Pompei Scavi’ just like the Circumvesuviana one. On this case, you possibly can solely get down on the cease ‘Pompei’ and stroll 10 minutes to get to the doorway.
Driving from Naples to Pompeii
In the event you resolve to hire a automobile and journey from the north (Naples), take the A3 Naples-Salerno motorway in direction of Salerno and exit at ‘Pompei Ovest’.
From right here, proceed on the SS18, flip into ‘through Villa Dei Misteri’ and after just a few meters, you’ll attain your vacation spot.
The space is 25 kilometers and relying on site visitors it might take as much as 35 minutes. There’s numerous parking area close to the location’s entrances.
In the event you’re coming from the south, at all times take the A3 motorway, however your exit is known as ‘Pompei Est’.
From right here, proceed alongside ‘through Antonio Morese’ in direction of ‘through S. Giovanni Battista Della Salle’, take ‘through Sacra’ and proceed on the SS18 as much as through ‘Villa Dei Misteri’.
Getting from Naples to Pompeii
Now you know the way to get from Naples to Pompeii by prepare or by automobile.
As you possibly can see, the choices are many, and it’s fairly simple to plan a day journey to the well-known archaeological web site from Naples.
In the event you don’t need to plan it by your self, then you possibly can at all times be a part of a guided tour leaving from Naples just like the Naples or Sorrento: Full-Day Pompeii and Mount Vesuvius Tour one.