Generally a vacation spot turns into so well-liked, so massive for its personal boots, that it will possibly nearly turn out to be its personal cliché. After many years of internet hosting Australian and British hordes, it’d be straightforward to assume Bali has little extra to supply past lazy seashore days, questionable hair braids and mawkish tattoos. Straightforward, however incorrect.
Look past the favored resort hubs in Seminyak and Kuta and also you’ll discover an island wealthy with journey, with its personal historical past, tradition and meals distinct from Indonesia’s different 17,000 islands. And we’ve acquired the images to show it.
Get able to feast your eyes on these wonderful snaps taken on our Bali excursions.
1. Kick issues off with a fiery Kecak dance efficiency in Ubud.
A conventional kecak hearth dance in Ubud. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
2. Then douse the flames with an exciting white-water raft down the Ayung river.
White water rafting down the Ayung river. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
GET THE BLOOD PUMPING ON OUR 12-DAY BALI & LOMBOK HIKE, BIKE & KAYAK ADVENTURE
3. Learn to order roadside takeaway along with your native chief.
Stopping for a snack in Bali. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
4. Take a stroll by means of lush rice paddies in Sidemen.
Experience paddie stroll in Sidemen. Picture by Justin Meneguzzi.
5. And meet a couple of of the native artisans on the way in which.
Meet native artisans on a rice paddie stroll in Sidemen. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
6. Cease in at a few of Bali’s most iconic temples, like Lempuyang.
Go to the well-known Gates of Heaven at Lempuyang temple.
7. And study Hinduism from native holy males.
Meet holy males on the temples. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
8. Hearken to tales from Balinese folklore at unimaginable water temples.
Taman Ujung Water Palace in Bali. Picture by Justin Meneguzzi.
9. (And don’t neglect to feed the fishies earlier than you allow).
Feeding fish at Tirta Gangga water temple in Bali. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
10. Refuel with scrumptious native meals, together with mie goreng, satay and babi guling.
Eat scrumptious native meals in northern Bali. Picture by Justin Meneguzzi.
11. With a lot free time you could possibly select to pop on a snorkel and discover sunken ships in Amed.
Snorkeling the ruins of USS Liberty in Bali.
12. Take a bathe at a hidden waterfall.
Uncover secret waterfalls in northern Bali. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
13. Sit down for a gamelan music lesson.
Learn to play the gamelan.
14. Or unwind with an Ayurverdic yoga lesson.
Ayurverdic yoga lesson in Bali. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
SUBSCRIBE TO INTREPID’S NEWSLETTER FOR TRAVEL STORIES, COMPETITIONS & MORE
15. In Kintamani you’ll be able to discover the otherworldly volcanic landscapes by bike.
Cycle the volcanic panorama round Mt Batur. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
16. Climb Mt Batur for spectacular dawn views over the island.
Dawn over Mt Batur in Bali. Picture by Justin Meneguzzi.
17. Then wash off the mud with a soothing soak at a scorching spring.
Chill out at a scorching spring in Kintamani.
18. The most effective bit is you’ll be able to share it along with your crew of recent mates.
Make new mates on a small group journey. Picture by Damien Raggatt.
19. And sip sundowners at epic stays like these.
Our epic lodging in Sidemen.
- Bali in a single week: the final word information
- Why to contemplate solo journey in Bali (and what to anticipate)
- 8 must-dos in Ubud, the cultural coronary heart of Bali
- Mountain climbing Bali’s Mt Batur: every thing it’s essential know
- 10 dishes it’s a must to attempt in Indonesia